Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just between us

I used this blog for years as a test kitchen for techniques I was learning to use at Etaoin Shrdlu, the news commentary site where I post professional comments. The old posts here, which I just killed, were all trial-and-error efforts at embedding code, using video and other things that seemed foreign to me then.

After today, I'll no longer be a McClatchy employee, but I plan to keep commenting on news and media at Etaoin. I feel like I might want to venture into other subjects from time to time as well, and this seemed like as good a place as any for that.

The title is a play on Einstein's famous observation that "God does not play dice with the universe" and the fact that quantum physics seems to indicate that he damned sure does. In that sense, it's just a metaphor for the fact that life makes more sense to me as a random collection of events that any sort of grand design. 

All this uncertainty and post-modern angst is just punishment for my sins, probably.

No comments: